Opossum Control & Removal
Our Opossum Control & Removal Services
The opossum is the only marsupial (a pouched mammal) found in North America. They are most commonly found around residential, stream or other wetland areas. In urban areas they seek shelter in your attic, garage, chimney, under the house, or in any other place that offers protection. the opossum’s habitat is diverse, ranging from woodland to open field. Although opossums are considered desirable fur bearers in some areas, they may become a nuisance near homes. Opossum may also carry murine typhus, and the fleas that infest them can transmit the disease to people or pets. Opossums are capable of transmitting rabies and several different diseases. Desert Squad Pest & Wildlife Animal Removal experts understand this danger and have the tools and training to safely handle these very strong animals. Where opossum are common, pet owners should be diligent in controlling fleas on their animals Although very common in urban areas, opossum are rarely seen because they are nocturnal. Desert Squad Pest & Wildlife are your local experts for Opossum or Possum Removal in Las Vegas North Las Vegas And Henderson.
Our Approach To Opossum Control & Removal
1. Property Inspection
We’ll start by performing a thorough inspection in and around your home. During this time, we will identify the species, areas of activity, potential entry points, and attractants. This step increases the chances of our baiting, trapping, and seal work being successful.
2. Opossum trapping
Opossum can cause damage to your property. One method of removing a opossum from your property is using a live trap to catch and release the animal. Live trapping is a safe and effective way to keep opossum away from your home.
3. Attic Cleanup
Our Professional team will Cleanup and sanitize the opossum droppings in the attic to remove pathogen, bacteria, and pheromones to prevent health hazards and prevent other opossum from having interest in the areas.
4. Sealing Open Entry Points
Sealing or screening should be done to all Holes around the roof and the attic should also be sealed. Sealing all the cracks as well as the holes will ensure these points do not act as entry points even in the future.For area that cannot be corrected by simply sealing, then we conduct a complete repair.
Why Choose Desert Squad Pest & Wildlife
We’re passionate about helping people just like you get rid of unwanted pest problems. As such, we are proud to be the top pest & wildlife control company in Las Vegas promising excellence in value, service, and trust.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Because opossums usually enter a building by climbing, you may notice exterior damage first. Often, opossum damage takes the form of torn up shingles and ripped soffit on your rooftop. An opossum infestation may also impact your siding, eaves, and gutter system.
2. Opossums are particularly drawn to cat food. If you have cats, especially any outdoor cats, you may notice that their food disappears more quickly when you have an opossum infestation. If you suspect an opossum infestation, take measures to protect your cats who could become injured in a fight with an opossum.
3. Opossums have a wide range of vocalizations, including hissing and shrieking. Mother opossums also make clicking or lip smacking sounds to call their babies. If you notice these noises when inside a building, chances are you have an infestation or a single opossum trapped inside.
4. As opossums nest, they make lots of ripping, scuttling, and scratching noises. These noises can sound similar to rats or mice, but you will likely notice that the noises seem louder because they’re created by a bigger animal.
Additionally, you may notice scratching across a wider area with an opossum infestation than with any other rodent problem because opossums do not stick solely to the edges of the attic space.
5. One of the most distinct signs of an opossum infestation is the smell. Opossums defecate more frequently than most mammals and their droppings can be as large as a house cat’s. These wet droppings can soak into insulation and building materials, causing a distinctly unpleasant odor.
Opossums can also become trapped by wiring or other architectural elements and may die there. If you have a dead opossum in your attic, you’ll know by the strong smell of decay.
due their biological behavior Opossum removal can take anywhere from 2-5 days to completely remove from you property.
$69 For Your First Pest Service With Annual Plans.
★★★★★“I had a Bee problem under my 2nd story roof line. I found desert squad through friend, they send Michael over and he remove the hive and all the honey comb. He then repair the roof where he opened up to remove the honey comb. Very professional service, the technician is a very nice guy highly recommended, Fair price. Thank you desert squad. Excellent job.”
★★★★★“Finding Michael has been a true gift from God. His knowledge base is absolutely incredible, only to be matched with an amazing personality! We hired several different mainstream companies and never could contain our rodent problem until we hired Desert Squad Pest & Wildlife. Michael is a genius, and willing to do the dirty work required to get the job done, at a fair price!”
★★★★★“Mike is a pure professional. He knows what he is talking about, and what to do about pests. He was very knowledgeable and precise in his actions to take care of the problem. He knows customer service skills which are lacking these days !. He was also half the price of the competitors out there. We HIGHLY recommend this company for your pest problems.”